ATFA has just organized a successful study trip to Turkey with local legislatures for ten days. The trip included visits to historic sites, cultural family dinners, as well as official meetings with Turkish counterparts. The meetings consisted of Governors, Mayors, Business Chambers and local entrepreneurs to discuss bilateral common actions.
The study trip participants along with MAFTAA Executive Director Mahmut Yeter, paid a visit to the Syrian refugee camp in Adana, Turkey. The participants had a chance to speak with refugees and hear their stories. During the visit to the camp, the delegation became inspired to start a blanket drive to assist refugees before the harsh winter ahead. The blanket drive has officially begun in collaboration with Hizmet Relief organization.
Loudon County Chairman Scott York, and the delegation signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Karsiyaka Municipality located in Izmir province. The Memorandum will be to enhance relations between two parties in cultural, social and business projects of mutual interests.
- Mahmut Yeter- Executive Director MAFTAA
- Scott York- Loudon County Chairman
- Sean Connaughton- Secretary of Transportation, Virginia
- Martin Nohe- Prince William County Supervisor
- Robert Lazaro- Mayor of Purcellville
- Mark Gibb- Executive Director NOVA Regional Commission
- William Euille- Mayor of Alexandria
- Mustafa Akpinar- Pinnacle Academy Principal